Friday, July 10, 2009

4th of July

John's sister, Sarah, was kind enough to let everyone invade her home for a 4th of July bbq and fireworks. The food was great and we all had fun. The fireworks were amazing...I didn't even know you could buy fireworks like that. It was like our own little professional show (with the added perk of having to dodge the shrapnel). Quentin and I getting ready to watch fireworks

Trying to get all the grandkids to cooperate is not an easy task


Quentin roasting marshmallows for my s'more :) This was taken before the grill melted through the plastic table. Just an FYI...grills should not be placed on plastic surfaces. Sparklers! Ashlyn loved it. Cora was not a huge fan and Nick ended up burning a little hole through his shirt.
Sarah has two yorkies! This is my new friend Gunther. He has the same coloring as Butters, but is much skinnier (No Sarah, not smellier). He was so sweet and loved the attention he got from me.

2 comments:

Ben and Laurie said...

blog stalking? Funny! It's so great to see your blog!! You guys are so cute together--just a little weird to see a dog other than Maggie in your arms!

I'm glad I got your blog address!

Sarah said...

as soon as i get your mailing address...gunther will be coming to visit.