Saturday, July 16, 2011

5 Months

Yep, our little Brady is already 5 months old! He has mastered rolling over...errr...from his back to his belly, but seems to have forgotten he knows how to roll back the other way too. He has also started scooting a little bit sometimes. It looks like our next big accomplishment will be sitting up (not spitting up, as he has already mastered that). He is getting better and better at sitting without toppling over. Favorites:
Butters, first and foremost. Butters is like our secret weapon to keeping Brady happy
Milk, of course
Being outside
Baby Signing Time (A DVD to teach baby sign language)
Anything that crinkles, particularly his baby wipes package
Splashing in the bath
"Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam"
Being Tickled
Daddy hanging him upside down
He also started to roll over in his swaddle, so we are working on weaning him off the swaddle. It's going better than I thought it would, but still a work in progress. Mostly, he rolls over and loses his pacifier and gets mad. I used to roll him back to his back, but then the second I would walk away, he would just roll back to his stomach again. He eventually falls asleep this way, but I still haven't figured out if he LIKES to sleep on his stomach, or just finally gives up and falls asleep. He still wakes up once a night to eat (between 4 and 5) and then goes back to sleep for a couple hours. I was planning to break him of his night feeding, but one sleep battle at a time is enough, so once we master the "unswaddled sleeping" we might tackle that. Here's a picture I caught of him asleep on his stomach.We have introduced oatmeal cereal now, and he seems to do ok with that too. It's looking like we are going to have a pretty good eater, but I guess we'll see in about a month when we start to introduce other foods. He is still on breast milk, which means that I am still tied to my pump for a decent portion of my day. I don't love it, but formula is so expensive. My goal is to keep pumping for at least another month, and by that time we should have about a month's worth of milk in the freezer.
I swear he gets cuter every time I see him. It's still hard to leave him for work every day, and all I think about is coming home to his cute, chubby smile.

6 comments:

Jewelyn said...

Oh my goodness, such a cute smile! He's growing so much too! Brady and Leila should be friends. :)

The Marshall Fam said...

Oh man, it seems like he gets chubbier every time you post pictures! Why is it so much cuter on him than on me? Love that boy!

Lori said...

I love that first picture with his stomach showing, haha. So funny and cute!

John n Shannon said...

He definitely doesn't look like he's missing any meals! Must take after his Daddy on that one! Can't wait to squeeze on that chub sometime soon...I'm going through Brady withdrawals. He really needs to spend some more time w/his favorite Aunt ya know! Send him down here on a Greyhound and I'll pick him up at the station. He can hold his own against the creepy folk.

Crystal said...

I can't get over how cute he is!! :D Wow, 5 months!! Time flies!

Karen said...

I love that little cutie.