Monday, October 10, 2011

Meet Jonas

We had the pleasure of going to Arkansas to meet the newest member of the Hufford family, Jonas. He is so sweet and cuddly, and I definitely enjoyed loving on him, but don't worry, it did not make me want another of my own :) Grandma Bell was kind enough to let us stop and stay with her on Friday night to split up the 5 hour drive a little. It was a much needed break for everyone (I know this for sure because we did not stop on the way home and it was a looooooong trip). Cora and Brady loved to play together. At one point Cora even came up to Brady and said "Brady, you need to give me a kiss, I'm leaving." So cute! And Brady even got to sit on his first ride-on toy, although his legs didn't quite reach. The other main attraction for the kids was swimming in the hotel pool...or giant bathtub filled with freezing cold water...whatever you want to call it. It took most people a while to get brave enough to actually get in. Except Brady. He loved it! He didn't cry at all, he was just so happy to be in there splashing around. Here's Michelle with Garrett and Preston.... And here are the girls (minus Addison who was enjoying her time in the pool at this point, pictured below). Kayley, Ashlyn, Alexa and Cora. Addison finally decided to put her floaties on and realized how fun that was And, of course, our little fishie, Brady with Quentin Brady had so much fun playing with his cousins and Grandma Bell! And I'm sure it will only get more fun and exciting as he gets older. He did pretty well for the long drives, but on the way home the sun was in his eyes and he did not like that AT ALL, so that part was a little rough. He slept for probably half the time, so we were afraid he wouldn't sleep at night, but he proved us wrong on that. He was a little slap happy when we got home and that was pretty fun. He slept pretty good at the hotel too, but his crib was right up against the sink and there was a kleenex dispenser within reach, so when I got him up in the morning there were shredded kleenexes all over the crib. No wonder he was so content to just lay in the crib and talk for a while in the morning :) He's a sneaky little guy!

3 comments:

John n Shannon said...

You guys are fast to post! I'm very impressed! And also very glad you guys made that LONG trip just to see us. I remember it all too well - it's not fun. It was so fun to squish on Brady and get kisses from him. I love when their little personalities come out even more at that age. Thanks again for coming!

Jewelyn said...

Oh Michelle Bell! I remember I did some program at RB where I went and helped in her class sometimes. She's so cool. And Quentin is as cute as ever!

What's up with the Walkers! said...

I was going to give you a hard time for putting a pic of me in my swimsuit, but then Jewelyn was so kind with her comments that I won't complain:) I am very impressed at how efficient you are with posting. You can look for my pics of the same trip on my blog sometime next year:)