Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Temple Run and Bell Family Reunion

 First of all, I hate this new format for the blog.  Just had to throw that out there.  Now onto the real post...This past weekend we had a lot of fun in KC!  What started out just being a little gathering for the 5K temple run turned into a big Bell Family Reunion!  So Friday we had a BBQ at Michelle's and then headed to Nick and Colton's to get Brady to bed.  I have to say, he was a trooper!  He stayed up at least an hour past his normal bedtime each night even though he only had one nap a day (when he's used to two), AND he got his shots right before we left. He is such a good kid!
Saturday was the temple run in the morning.  I have been running a lot lately, so I was well prepared, but still kind of nervous since the last 5K I ran was right before I found out I was pregnant with Brady!  Luckily Kendall, Quentin's Mom and Dad watched kids, so I didn't have to push the jogging stroller.  I finished in 27:02!  It was a personal best for me, so it was nice that all my running has paid off.  Quentin miraculously was able to run the whole thing with little (no) preparation in a pretty impressive 33:something.  It kind of makes me sick that he can do it.  It took me forever to even work up to 5K length.  Oh well.  I'm proud of him for running it. 
Our group: Hadley (Michelle's running partner), Michelle, me, Quentin, Shannon, Colton, and Nick
After picture to prove we all survived

The kiddos (Brady freaks out when he touches grass, but he wouldn't just stand there so we had to make him sit)

 After the 5K we all showered, gave the kids naps (and anyone else who was lucky enough got a nap in too) and got ready for the rest of the festivities.  We met the rest of the Bell clan at Famous Daves for lunch/dinner and then headed to the park.  Quentin's cousin, Nathan, graduated high school, so we were celebrating that (with cake and all!) Brady had a blast on the playground even though he was too little to do anything by himself.  It was really fun to see everyone, and hopefully we will do it again soon!
Ashlyn and Cora took turns taking Brady down the slide
Fun on the playground with Dad
Cutest. Boy. Ever.
My child getting whiplash

4 comments:

Karen said...

Love the whiplash picture. Mike and I are going to do the Parley P Pratt run in July. Not sure yet how I'm going to accomplish that.....

Kirsten said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Good thing those little girl cousins love Brady so much.

Lynne/Mom/Grandma said...

So fun to spend time with the Bell cousins and the rest of the family.

Ben and Laurie said...

Lots of cute kids! That's so cool you did the Temple Run. Looks like it was a bunch of fun!