Saturday, July 7, 2012

Gone Fishin'

My first activity with the scouts was fishing for pack meeting today. As I'm sure you are all aware, I am not much of an outdoorsey person. Luckily since it was a pack meeting, families are allowed to tag along so I got to bring my two favorite guys. Which also means I did not have to touch a worm or fish. It was super hot, so we only stayed a little over an hour. It was 104 degrees according to the bank we drove by on our way home! I didn't catch anything, but Quentin caught one. You can't tell from the picture, but Brady was pretty excited by it. And then even afterwards he kept pointing to the water and doing the sign for fish. We were so happy to get to hang out with Daddy for the day. He has worked every night this week, so besides 4th of July, we have only seen him for about 15 min each morning. Brady always asks for him first thing every morning, and then when we're home in the evenings he periodically goes to the door and points and says "Daddy!" He sure does love his Daddy and we miss him when he's at work. But we are so lucky to have a Daddy who is willing to work so hard to make life a little more comfortable financially. Only 10 months to go until graduation :)

2 comments:

Lynne/Mom/Grandma said...

Wow! Look at the size of that fish!

Crystal said...

Aww... that looks fun! Can't believe it was so hot! I'm like you, I'm not the outdoor like either! ;) Can't believe your husband graduates in 10 months... how exciting! There is light at the end of the tunnel! I hope you are enjoying your new place & your summer! You guys have such a cute family!!