Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Our Big Boy!

Our Baby Brady is, well, not really a baby anymore.  Although I still call him that.  And I can because I'm his momma :)  Anyway, we are going through a big transition time for this big boy and I am so proud of how well he has handled everything.  (And let's be honest, how well I have handled it too!)  About a week ago we started potty training.  He caught on to peeing in the potty almost immediately, with only a few accidents the first morning and only one or two pee accidents since.  Pooping has been more difficult, especially since he seems to hold it forever.  We talked about how the doctor says he needs to poop in the potty every day because if he holds it in he will get sick.  I'm not sure that registered though because ten minutes later I asked "Brady, what did the doctor say?" To which he responded "No more monkeys jumping on the bed?" And yes, the doctor did say that too, so I can't really refute that. He did, however, finally have two successes in that department yesterday.  Hopefully that is a step in the right direction.  He got to go pick out a toy and was pretty excited about that.  As you can see, he is VERY proud of his big boy underwear.  

 And we pretty much went pants-less the entire potty training weekend.  Here he is with his "bowtie" made of balloons that he got with his daddy at the Honda dealership.

The other big transition was turning his crib into a toddler bed.  I was pretty nervous about this one too because it's so nice to have your kid contained at night.  Contained equals safe.  But he did great with this one too!  He is more resistant to bedtime, but I think that has less to do with the bed and more to do with wanting to play.  He does eventually fall asleep though...and look dang cute doing it!  This is a relatively normal position, but he sometimes ends up sideways or in other strange positions.  


He likes to be able to climb in and out of his bed during the day, and loves to climb in at night.  He doesn't seem to realize that he can climb out by himself in the morning yet.  He still cries for us to come get him.  He is growing so fast and I love to hear the funny things he says.  He is so sweet (for the most part) and I sure do love him.

1 comment:

John n Shannon said...

He IS a big boy! It's so fun (and so strange) to see them flaunting that big boy underwear. And he definitely flaunts it that's for sure! He needs to be squeezed again. Glad to hear he's adjusting to his big boy bed. I'm sure you battle with him MUCH less than I do with Jonas. Sometimes I wonder if we even make progress from night-to-night. Of course he is only 1 1/2 and he's definitely a mover so I've got my work cut out for me. Hope to see you guys in Arky sometime soon now that Quentin has entered the world of professionals! :D