Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Four Christmases

Yep, I stole the title from a movie. But it's true. We had four Christmases in a row this year! We started on Wednesday by celebrating with the Jacobs. Thanks to them, we now have a sprayer thing for our sink that actually works!! Yahoo!!
Christmas #2 was Thursday night (Christmas Eve) with just me and Quentin. Here we are with our cute little tree, ignore the mess (don't worry, some day we'll have room for a normal size tree) He got me some really great presents, but the coolest on was probably the picture of Jesus he got and had framed for me. It is so pretty and looks perfect on our wall! He also got me a necklace, some scrubs, the new boggle (which is AWESOME) and other stuff I'm sure I am forgetting. He is so thoughtful! I got Quentin an xbox 360 and guitar hero that we set up around thanksgiving (because, why wait?). I also got him a few surprises, but all centered around xbox. He now has Halo 3 ODST, a second controller (so I can beat him in Halo but then he won't admit it), the drums and headset for guitar hero, and Madden.
Friday morning (Christmas morning) we went to Mom and Dad's to open presents and eat breakfast. Mom and Dad always get us the Disney movies so we got 101 Dalmations, Snow White and Up. Quentin got some tools and Pass the Pig, which is a game he likes to make fun of. I got some pans, a new clock, and some scrub pants (you can never have too many scrubs!!). Oh, and don't forget they paid for our trip to California for Kirsten's wedding.
After that we headed to Mooma's for our 4th Christmas. I was a little nervous since the neighborhood roads were slick and Quentin slid onto a little island by my parents house about two minutes into our drive, but we arrived safely!! Everyone but the Huffords came on Friday, so we all had fun Friday and then Saturday morning the Huffords arrived and we did pictures, opened presents, went to Shoney's, went to the after Christmas sales, and went to Silver Dollar City for a while. John got me some skittles, Twilight and the newest Harry Potter...awesome! Michelle got Quentin some candy, Christmas Vacation and a little game. We had a great time and it was fun to see everyone!

2 comments:

John n Shannon said...

So nice of you to send the Thank You card. You are a sweetie. I know it was addressed to John but since I did all the work I pretended like it was for me. ;-)

Colton Anne said...

Your title is incorrect as you also had a 5th Christmas starting at the beginning of December!! :) Haha!! Just kidding! I miss those days when all you have to shop for is yourself and your spouse...just wait till you have kids...your 20 gifts each will turn to one gift each!! :) But it's more fun to watch the kiddos get excited about their gifts anyway!!