Thursday, January 20, 2011

Baby Showers

If one thing's for sure it's that Brady is already very well loved and taken care of by so many people! We're lucky enough to have had baby showers the past two weekends and both were so much fun and provided us with basically everything we still needed to take care of baby Brady!

The first shower was thrown by Jade (and Janet and Jordan) and Kayla. The turnout was great...I think we had around 20 people there including my wonderful in-laws who all had to make a significant drive to be there. I got all kinds of clothes, diapers, bottles, pacifiers, bath stuff, blankets, diaper bag and pretty much everything else you can think of for a baby! The cake was super cute and yummy (I'll have to steal some pictures from Janet) and I absolutely loved my diaper cake. Another fun thing was the "guest book" where everyone wrote down when they guess I'll have the baby, how long the labor will last, the size of the baby, etc. It was fun to read through and is also a fun little keepsake. The only thing that would have made the day better would have been if I had not gotten sick, but I guess you can't have it all right? Thanks everyone for a great shower!

The next shower was with my coworkers, so Quentin was fortunate enough to get to join in on the fun for this one :) Chuck and Genola were gracious enough to host at their house and I think everyone had a really good time. The food was delicious and Danielle picked out a cute cake. We got pretty much everything else we needed for Brady including a boppy, bumbo, more diapers (can you ever have too many...I think not), clothes, cute little Nikes, shades and a mirror for the car, etc. After gifts and cake the guys headed downstairs to play pool and the girls got to chat for a while. Later I got to demonstrate my lack of pool skills. We ended up staying until about 11, which is probably the latest I have stayed up this whole pregnancy. I am so lucky to have such great, supportive coworkers! We are winding down to the final days now. I'm 37 weeks, so if this kid comes on time (and I am hoping and praying that he does!!!!), we only have 3 weeks left. He can actually come at any time now so the bags are packed (well, the best I knew how), the crib is ready, and everything is good to go. I am getting more and more excited every day. Not just to get my bladder back and avoid the rest of the discomforts of pregnancy, but to finally meet this little guy! So feel free to come whenever you're ready, Brady!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! You will be a mommy before you know it! I hope your labor goes smoothly! :) -Crystal Hinton

Kirsten said...

Boppy? Bumbo?! What the heck are these things?! I'm never having kids.

Anonymous said...

Kirsten, even Uncle Al knows what a boppy is. (But a this bumbo thing sounds suspicious.)