Sunday, January 2, 2011

Yeah, I Made This...

I saw these "carseat canopy" or "carseat tent" things online, but they charge around $40 for them...which seemed like too much to me. So, after my mom confirming that it would be fairly easy to make, I decided to save a little money and sew my own. The cute fabric came from Utah when we went for Thanksgiving, and Quentin even helped pick it out! Anyway, I'm pretty proud of myself and I think it turned out really well. Plus we bought a little extra fabric so we can have matching burp cloths :) It really was pretty easy, but I did have a little help from Mom. Now we're just waiting on the baby to fill the carseat :) Anyway, here are the pictures. The second one just shows the pattern on the underside (which matches the straps).

3 comments:

The Marshall Fam said...

Love it! You're right, though--it will be more fun when Brady is in the carseat. :o)

The LaBrue Crew said...

Looks like I'll be coming up to Co-Mo for a little visit!You soooo have to teach me how to make these! They are sooo cute! Maybe I can make it sometime before the baby and Kyle and Quentin can take Alexa to Chuckie Cheese? haha (oh and there's no new announcements on this end...just something I want to have for the future!)

Colton Anne said...

It's way cute! I love the fabric you chose...very cute! Brady will definitely be stylin'!!