Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Birthday Boy

Tonight we had a mini birthday party since the official party will be on Saturday. Grandpa and Grandma Moore and Aliisa came to join the party. We started off with my version of a Korean first birthday tradition where I layed out different objects to represent careers and then whatever the baby picks up first is what they will become...see video in previous post! I did bandaids for a doctor, money for a banker, a pencil for a writer, and a tape measure for an architect. He immediately went for the pencil, so I guess we have a famous writer in the family. Well, future famous writer.
Then we did presents. He wasn't as interested in unwrapping them as he was in playing with each present! I didn't know if we would even make it past the first present, but I was persistent (and made Aliisa hide the opened ones). He got a "bathketball" set from Grandma and Grandpa. He also got some much needed socks, but shoved those away because why would that be exciting when you have balls to play with? He definitely got more than he needed, but it was fun to watch! He also spent plenty of time trying to climb and sit on his presents...not sure where that came from, but I don't look forward to all the climbing accidents we will surely encounter in the future! I almost forgot to get this little ride-on toy out, but I remembered right when we finished the rest of the presents.After presents, we ate dinner and then gave the birthday boy a Little Debbie heart cupcake that he got in his Valentine Bag from daycare (did I mention how much we love Lori? She is the best daycare ever!) He immediately shoved the WHOLE thing in his mouth...we're talking both hands shoving it in his pie hole...errrr cake hole! I'm excited to see how he does with the cake at his birthday party on Saturday!We also did a handprint on a canvas, and then I plan to do one at each birthday to show how much he grows. It didn't go so smoothly, but about how I expected. Quentin put it in the wrong place, so we did a round two and it went a little better, but now I will have to try to paint over the mistake. Oh well, it will still be fun to have it years down the road!

No comments: