Monday, August 20, 2012

4 Years!

Yep, it has been 4 years since we tied the knot! To celebrate we had a weekend getaway to Kansas City. And thanks to Michelle and Kendall, a babyless night away! I'll admit, it was a little weird not to have my little man around, but it was nice to spend time together and have a lot more freedom.

We headed to Kansas City Friday night and went out to eat with the Walkers, the (other) Bells, and Randy. It's always fun to see everyone and catch up, and of course to see how big all my nieces and nephews are getting! We spent the night with the Walkers and then our day of independence started Saturday. We got to go to a movie (also thanks to Michelle and Kendall for letting us use their vouchers) so we saw Batman. It was really good and I already can't wait for the next one. Between the movie and dinner we got to enjoy some shopping and then we went out to eat at Em Chamas, a Brazilian restaurant that was soooooo good I can't even begin to describe it. It was the best meat I have ever tasted! After feasting on our scrumptious meal we headed to our hotel, the Sheraton, and got to stay in a fancy room. And believe it or not, I was so anxious to check out the fitness room that I dragged Quentin with me to work out. It was the nicest fitness room I have ever seen in a hotel (which is actually not saying a whole lot, but this was niiiiice) and it made me miss my gym membership. After that we sat in the hot tub for a while and then relaxed in our room until we decided it was time for some snacks, which we failed to bring with us. This took us on a wild goose chase through the ghetto in search of some simple little treats. I feel like we're lucky we made it out alive. But we did get our snacks :)
It was soooooo much fun and a great way to celebrate our 4 years of marriage! It was really nice to get my Brady man back. Thanks so much Michelle and Kendall! We owe you one :)

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Aww! Sounds like a great weekend!