Monday, May 19, 2014

Brotherly Love

 Brady keeps impressing my with how natural the brother mindset is to him.  He is such a great helper and more and more lately he has wanted to hold her and "play" with her.  He is always so gentle and he is also pretty patient when it comes to feeding (which is pretty much always) and realizes my limitations when I am caring for Hadley.

 When Hadley was only about a week old I laid her on the floor and ran to do something real quick.  When I came back this is what I saw and it melted my heart.
This is the proud big brother holding his "Hat-we"
As a first time mom I may have been appalled at the sight of a 3 year old's finger shoved in my sweet baby's mouth.  I was a little concerned at what was going on when I saw this at first.  I had been working on dinner and she was kind of fussing so I heard Brady in there playing with her.  I went to check on her and found him like this.  He said "I'm making her happy like you do, Mom!"  He was so proud (and she was calm) so I said "Great job" and finished dinner.  Even though that didn't last long because he soon realized it's not that fun to have a baby suck your finger forever.
This morning Hadley was playing on her mat and Brady decided to join her.  Was there room?  Not really, as you can tell.  But still pretty cute.

No comments: