Thursday, May 5, 2011

Bumbos and Overalls

Yesterday Brady wore overalls for the first time. And anyone who knows me, knows that I LOVE overalls and when I was a little girl I wore them all the time and cried when I outgrew them. I mean, look at this and tell me it's not adorable! If he looks a little tired, it might be because he refused to sleep the night before and took VERY short naps all day, making for a very long day and a grumpy boy (and mom). And then it took nearly 3 hours to get him down last night. It was awful and something I would rather not have to endure ever again. So tonight we will start with the Ferber method. Yes, it is kind of a cry it out, but you go in periodically and reassure him you are still there. Basically it forces them to learn to put themselves to sleep, which is what we need. It is supposed to take less than a week, so I guess we'll see. Cross your fingers (and maybe say a little prayer) because we need to figure something out so I can make it through the day at work. I go back next week already!
In an effort to get some relief from this fussiness yesterday, I was willing to try just about anything. Sadly nothing really worked, and if it did it was very short-lived. Brady loves to have you help him sit up. He thinks he's pretty hot stuff when he's sitting, so I gave the Bumbo a shot. He is probably too young, but like I said, I was willing to try anything. And he was happy....errr until he realized it had been a whole 5 minutes since he cried. As you can see, head control is still a work in progress.

5 comments:

John n Shannon said...

Brady looks just like Grandpa Bell (the original) in his overall pic. Now all he needs is a can of Dr. Pepper to put in his pocket before he goes out to feed the cows! I'm a big believer in sleep training. It saves everybody's lives. We did something similar to the Ferber method. The younger they are the quicker they catch on so it's good you are doing it now. Addison rarely wakes up at night, unless she's sick. Good luck - it's worth it!

Law Fool said...

Poor Nat. He does love ridiculously cute in overalls, I gotta say. And remember if you ever need help I'm not that far away. Even if you just need a nap.

Karen said...

Uh, and yeah. That wasn't Mike commenting, that was me. LOL I've gotta start looking to see who's logged in before I comment.

Kirsten said...

I remember those red overalls you had...

Crystal said...

I'm sorry he didn't want to sleep, that's the tough part about young babies. Best of luck with the ferber method-we did that with Autumn & it helped so much, I even felt like she was a happier baby. *Korey gave her a blessing before hand & I think it helped. Also best of luck going back to work, I hope it goes well! :) He is SUPER cute!