Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

I had a great first Mother's Day and it all started with Brady giving me the best gift he could...a good night's sleep! The last few nights had been a little rough with the sleep training stuff, but I think this little guys is really catching on. He learned almost immediately how to put himself to sleep when you first set him down at bedtime or naps (like on the first day!) and the tricky part has been learning to put himself back to sleep when he wakes up in the night, but even that is improving and I am so proud of how well he is doing. Not to mention I feel so much better and more energized and able to care for him appropriately I think. So anyway, thanks little guy, that's just what Mommy wanted! I also got pretty much everything I wanted from Quentin for Mother's Day: some kitchen shears (to be used ONLY in the kitchen so I don't have to hunt them down every time I want to use them), new mixing bowls as ours were really wearing thin (literally, one has a little cut in it so it does not hold anything really), a new body pillow since mine was one I made 5 or 6 years ago and was pretty nappy looking, and a card that he put little scribbles on a said was from Brady. It was a really great day and I am so grateful to be a mom. It is definitely hard work, but one of the most rewarding things ever.

3 comments:

Jewelyn said...

Haha "a little card with scribbles on it that he said was from Brady"-- love that! And you look great!

Kirsten said...

Lookin good Nat! And Brady is getting chubbier!

Shannon said...

As stated previously, you look GREAT! Glad you got a good nights sleep! He is one handsome little man!