Saturday, August 27, 2011

Daycare

Brady started daycare this week and seems to be loving it. He likes to watch the other kids and he's doing really well with it. I'm also proud to say I only cried a little on the first day. We love the lady who does his daycare (Lori) and I was so happy to get a text from her on the first day, letting me know everything was going well. It saved me from worrying and from wondering whether it would be too overbearing for me to check in on him :) Win, win! Here he is right before leaving for daycare the first day. One of these days I will get a picture AT daycare. It is a huge relief to be happy with the daycare situation because I know he is in good hands, so I'm not constantly worrying all day at work. It doesn't make me miss him any less, but it makes it easier to get through the workday! Lori also has this little form that she fills out for us each day saying what he ate, when he napped, diaper changes, and a little of what they did each day. It is nice to get that, especially since Brady can't tell me anything at this point, and I think I will probably hang on to the papers and put them in a scrapbook or something. And I think all the stimulation and such wears him out because he gets pretty sleepy in the evenings now. And today I could not get him to wake up from his nap. Guess he has already figured out that the weekends are for relaxing. He has been sleeping on his side like this a lot lately. Isn't he just the sweetest?!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Brady is darling! *I'm sure you get that all the time, but still, what a happy healthy boy! Just so smiley! I hope work/school/or life is going good for you guys!

Karen said...

So glad he is so happy there! And that was ridiculously sweet of her to let you know he was doing well.

Derek, Laurie, and Watson Buhr said...

Adorable!!