Saturday, October 13, 2012

Happy Birthday Quentin!

Yesterday was Quentin's birthday.  He turned 26, and our celebrating began with dinner with my parents and Kirk and Kirsten at his favorite restaurant, Texas Roadhouse.  It was Kirksten's first time there, and I think they liked it. The food there is sooooooo yummy!  Brady always fills up on the rolls and he loves the applesauce.  When you go there for your birthday, they make you get on this saddle, so I made sure to bring my camera along so we could always remember :)  They even let Brady sit in the saddle for a little bit,

After dinner we went to the grocery store and picked out pumpkins to carve.  I thought it would take Brady forever to pick one, but he went right up to a really good looking pumpkin and tried his best (to no avail) to pick it up.  Then he got to ride in the cart with them.  He kept saying "punkin" and was pretty upset when he had to briefly separate from the pumpkins in the car.
Presents this year were pretty unexciting since we are trying to make it through the next 7 months without any student loans.  Did I mention just 7 more months until we are done with school?  He got two shirts from my parents, which was more of a need than a want, but he likes them so I guess that's good.  From me he got this licorice that he likes, rainbow chip frosting, a caramelo, and IBC root beer.  Then this morning I made cake batter pancakes (from pinterest of course) and served them to him in bed.  I may have enjoyed them more than Quentin, they were delicious!  I'm going to take a stab at making a home made cake, so we'll eat that Sunday.  Three days of celebrating sounds pretty good huh?  Stay tuned for our pumpkin carving post.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Happy Birthday Quentin!

John n Shannon said...

Look at those cheeks on that boy!! Brady that is....not Quentin. ;-) They must be squeezed! He's growing up so much but I love that he still has some chunk to him. Take advantage of it before he starts thinning out! Oh and Happy Birthday Quentin!

Kirsten said...

Ye-ahhh Kirksten! Oh, and happy birthday, Quentin. Again.