Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pumpkin Carving

To finish celebrating Quentin's birthday, we carved our pumpkins.  Brady L-O-V-E- LOVED it!  He was not so helpful on the actual carving, but he sure loved picking the goop out.  And then putting it back in.  I made him wear one of my t-shirts in case he got super nasty.  I remember we always used to wear my dad's old shirts for potentially dirty projects.  What a good idea, Mom!

 I didn't know how much Brady would really notice or care about these pumpkins, but he sure loved them.  Brady's is the Mickey Mouse one (isn't he so talented?) and Quentin did the ghost/tree one.  It's kind of hard to see in the pictures, but they turned out pretty well.  Brady even got to stay up almost an hour past his bedtime to see the finished products! 


 After Brady went to bed, I got to start on mine while we watched Modern Family.  I did a witch riding a broom stick.  After carving Mickey and the witch, I could barely feel my hand it was cramping so bad!  But they are pretty impressive, if I do say so myself.  Today I will roast the seeds! 


2 comments:

Lynne/Mom/Grandma said...

Wow. So much better than the pumpkins we carved when you were kids.

Kirsten said...

Those are impressive! Love the picture of him in his jammies with them. He could not be cuter!