Friday, February 15, 2013

Brady Is Two!

I can't believe my baby is two years old already!  Time goes by way too fast, but it is so fun to watch him grow!  Life is pretty busy right now and since there are two brand new babies on the Bell side who are not ready to travel yet, we decided not to do a party this year.  But we still had plenty of celebration!  I made these cute cupcakes for Brady to share with his friends at daycare (thank you, pinterest and Megan).  He also got a balloon from Lori and some cute Nemo bath toys.  She sure knows what Brady loves and we are lucky to have our Lori!
 After daycare Grandma, Grandpa and Aliisa came over to do presents and Brady had a lot of fun with all of his presents!  He got to read his new book with Grandpa
 He also thought this sports wrapping paper was pretty awesome and much cooler than the Christmas wrapping paper that I used to wrap his presents.
 He also got a fun little animal puzzle from Grandma and Grandpa!
 I bought this marker set online and had no idea it would be this huge!  But Brady loves markers so I'm sure we will have a lot of fun with it (and here's to hoping they are actually washable)
 I bought this fun little tunnel set online a long time ago and decided he is the perfect age for it now.  And I really nailed this one!  He played with it for quite a while and, as you can see, Quentin had fun with it also.  And it just folds back up when you're done, so it's pretty neat.  Quentin appreciates my online shopping habits a little more when it comes time for birthdays and Christmas :)


 Brady also got his very own "laptop," which I knew he would love after I saw how much he loved playing with Allison's at daycare.  Plus anything with buttons that makes noise is awesome...right...?
 After we did presents we went to eat at Wendy's, and Brady ate SEVEN chicken nuggets!  We also ran into Stella and Hamilton from daycare and Brady even shared his fries with them.  After our tummies were full we went to get Brady his very first fish.  He was so excited and maybe a bit overwhelmed by all the animals at the pet store, but I tried to have him pick a fish.  I had him pick blue or red and he picked red so I gave him two choices of a red betta and he picked one.  On the way home we asked what his fish's name was and he said "water" at first, but then I asked again and he said what sounded like "Ian," so here he is with his new friend Ian, the red betta fish.
I don't think he actually grasps the concept of a birthday yet, but he sure had fun celebrating anyway and it was fun for me to watch my hard work preparing pay off with the big smiles and excited looks he had.  He really is such a sweet boy and we are so blessed to have him in our family!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I've been wanting to get Autumn a fish! Happy Birthday to your little Brady! He is seriously so handsome! I LOVE those cupcakes! Adorable-good job! Were they easy? Chandler's birthday is in a month-I need some ideas!