Monday, February 14, 2011

40 weeks

Well I am actually 41 weeks tomorrow so this is a little delayed, but here's my growing belly! My Dr. appointment last week looked good, so Brady has a little more time to decide if he wants to come on his own or not. I have another appointment tomorrow, but unless something has drastically changed I have until Friday before they will induce. So Brady has officially received his eviction notice and has been informed he is free to come ANYTIME NOW!
In other news we got to spend our last childless weekend in the hospital of all places. I had a cough for a few days and then woke up Saturday with a fever that continued to get higher. Around 7 that night I took my temp again and it was 101.3 and I realized it had been a while since I felt the baby move (granted I had been asleep probably 95% of the day) so I called the on call OB and she said it would be best for me to come in and get things checked out. They had no problem finding Brady's heartbeat, but it was staying up in the 180's which is pretty high. They said this was because of my fever and ran all kinds of tests and pumped me full of fluids. My flu test came back positive (so much for that flu shot huh?) so they gave me Tamiflu and started antibiotics to prevent it from turning into pneumonia. And they decided to keep me overnight to monitor the heartbeat. Hospitals are not the most comfortable places to sleep, especially when you're hooked up to the fetal monitor and an IV, so needless to say it was not my most restful night. But by morning Brady's heartrate was back down to 130's to 140's, which is normal so they cleared me to go home and I spent most of the day in my own bed sleeping. Now I am fever free and just stuck with the cough and stuffy/runny nose. Not the best weekend of my life, but luckily Brady and I both came out ok in the end!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Hope you start feeling better soon! (And that you get to see your little guy soon, too!) If you want me to bring dinner by or anything just let me know!

John n Shannon said...

I don't think you can say that you "both came out ok in the end"...because Brady still hasn't come out! ;-) But maybe that is a blessing in disguise...at least for right now. Rest up and save your energy. I have a feeling he'll be making a debut very very soon!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your hospital stay. But, I am so happy to hear you had your little guy yesterday. Congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures!

Jeanette