Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Columbia's Blizzard

Unfortunately, I am not talking about a DQ blizzard. It has been snowing hard since about 6:30 this morning and is supposed to keep going until tomorrow around noon (last I heard). We are up to 14 inches and going strong, with predictions of final accumulations around 18 inches. Plus the snow is really dry, and it's windy so there are some big snow drifts. Kirsten requested some pictures, so this post is mostly for her. It's hard to tell really how much there is from the pictures. The one with Dad shoveling is the 3rd or 4th round of shoveling. Anyway, here are the pictures...Luckily I was able to catch a ride to work with Dad. More importantly, he made a special trip to pick me up from work (at that point we had about 10 inches I believe). Otherwise I would have been stuck overnight at the hospital, which is not exactly my idea of a fun night.
MU actually shut down the campus, which is extremely rare, and they have already called off classes tomorrow as well. They even shut down Dad's bank this morning, which is also rare. Pretty much everything around is closed except, of course, the hospital.
I never thought I would say this, but I have been telling Brady to STAY IN for a few days until this all clears up. I told him before the storm hit that it was his last chance to come early, and he didn't cooperate then, so hopefully he listens better this time. Otherwise, we might be having a home birth. It's a little nerve racking, but I think Mom seems to be the most concerned about the possibility. That is a huge surprise because she never worries about anything :)

2 comments:

The Marshall Fam said...

HAHA! Never. About anything.

John n Shannon said...

She's probably worried the most since the home-birth would be happening in her house! Those things are pretty messy ya know! I'll keep my fingers crossed that Brady obeys and waits. But it may help if you keep your legs crossed as well....just for good measure of course.