Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Love You, Grandma

Yesterday my Grandma Moore lost her battle with cancer. Given the fact that she was given 3 months to live over a year ago, I'd say she battled hard! In the end, she was ready to and at peace with it, but those of us left behind, while grateful her pain and suffering have come to an end, are saddened by the loss of such a wonderful woman. She was probably one of the most selfless women I have ever known and has always been such a wonderful example of hard work, sacrifice, perseverance and service. I have so many fond memories of her and am so disappointed that Brady will not get the chance to meet her in this life. That being said, moments like this are perfect reminders of how lucky I am to have a knowledge of the great plan of salvation, and this brings comfort and peace to an otherwise devastating situation. It is the difference between saying "goodbye forever" and "see you later," which is much easier to stomach. So, Grandma, you will be greatly missed in this life, but I look forward to seeing you again someday! Love you!

4 comments:

John n Shannon said...

So sad to hear! I had no idea! So good that you can maintain the eternal perspective on a situation that is otherwise VERY difficult. Let us know if you need anything at all!

Karen said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma. She was definitely a fighter!

Colton Anne said...

Natalie...so sorry to hear about your Grandma. I had no idea she had passed. I hope you are doing ok with it all.

Lori said...

So sorry about your Grandma! Thank goodness for the plan of salvation!